Have a Holly Jolly TUBA CHRISTMAS!

no images were found

phpZWfrOWPM

Photo Credit: Meagan Marstellar

Heather Inglis, Co Editor-in-Chief
January 23, 2012
Filed under Arts & Entertainment, Music, Student Life

A yearly tradition at HHS is for some of Hubbard School District’s most talented low brass players to participate in the Eastwood Mall’s annual tuba Christmas Concert. Held on December 3rd, 2011, in the Target Concourse of the Eastwood Mall, for its 13th year, over one hundred of the valley’s best tuba, euphonium, and trombone players gathered to perform Christmas songs for mall goers during their Christmas shopping.

From Hubbard High School, there were four tuba players who participated: Seniors Addison Agler, Nathan Cummings, and Conner Spiech; and Sophomore Jerry Deets. Also from the high school were two euphonium players, Junior Emily Reed and Freshman Maddie Marstellar. It wasn’t just high schoolers who preformed in the event, however; there were middle school students as well! In the tuba line up were eighth graders Michael Lickner and Mo Rasoul; the two euphonium players were eighth grader Kyle Freeland and seventh grader Allison Patrick, and the sole trombone who participated from Hubbard was eighth grader Andrew Summers. Let’s not forget Hubbard’s very own conductor Mr. Daniel Nestich who was there as well… playing his euphonium. Don’t worry band members, he remembered his horn that day.

Be sure to check out this successful and entertaining holiday show next year!

Comments

One Response to “Have a Holly Jolly TUBA CHRISTMAS!”

1. Mary Mathews-Bebech on February 4th, 2012 8:42 pm

I appreciated the story on Tuba Christmas as I broke my six year tradition and missed the event. Your story reminded me that our band is filled with dedicated and enthusiastic musicians. Thanks for the coverage.

[Reply]

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!